Self-Reflection Saturday

Sometimes you're medicine; sometimes you're toxic.

Sometimes your energy is EXACTLY what I need to move with ease. Other times you pull on me, and I can't move freely.

Our friendship is an esoteric love. If a person believes only what they see or hear, they will miss it, for what's understood never needs to be explained.

You stretch me beyond manmade parameters, only to turn around the very next day to restrict me again.

Upside down, you turn me, got me singing in my Diana Ross voice most days. Other days, I'm down to my last cry just like Brian McKnight.

The residue of our interactions inspire me to see a greatness unknown to the human race. But along with that greatness comes a weight of responsibility that is sometimes mistaken for an attachment so binding to the point of restriction.

This ain't no ordinary love, that's for sure. Our connection is a divine photosynthesis, designed especially for me, to serve as a blueprint for those to come.

Authentically true yet brutally honest, our relationship is one for the books (written by Terry McMillan, not Danielle Steele.)

Disingenuous is how our relationship has been in the past. I was your cheerleader, even though your efforts were mediocre at best.

Now I choose to be your advocate for change. Your very own Iyanla Vanzant is here to be the catalyst of "then and now." Today is the first day of the best days of your life.

You ain't seen nothing yet. The best is yet to come.......... #hautemomsrock









Comments

Popular Posts