"Pinktober" is rapidly coming to an end. Did you participate this year by wearing a pink ribbon or the color pink this month? Or perhaps you made a donation and ran or walked in your local Susan G. Komen for Cure 5K (check out the website for details http://ww5.komen.org/). Even though the National Breast Cancer Foundation recognizes October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, this Friday, October 24th, has been designated as Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Many people have already grown tired of the whole "pink ribbon" campaign (wearing the ribbon or the color pink is a person's way of signifying that they support women and the fight to cure this disease). Not the Servance girls! You know we are ALWAYS HAPPY to have a #fashionrevolution!!! As a self-proclaimed #HauteMom, I am always trying to teach my girls by "doing" and not just "saying". And this cause is important to us. Not just because my mother-in-law survived that dreadful disease. But because I, too, found a lump in my breast two years ago. For me, that "changed the GAME"! Thankfully after getting one of those "fun" mammograms (and feeling like I'd been to the Pancake Jamboree), it was just a small mass. But now I make SURE that I do my self-check exams on a regular basis and get regular mammograms (thanks for reminding me to reschedule). I encourage you to get educated (http://www.breastcancer.org/). But please don't stop there. Visit http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/ to find out more information about this campaign and how you can get you and your family involved.
At the Susan G. Komen 5K Race for the Cure with Chris and Nicole Johnson
#fashionrevolution
My mother-in-law's skirt
This post is lovingly dedicated to my friend, Tamala Davis, and in memory of my mother-in-law, Mrs. Hazel Servance #hautemomsrock

Comments

Popular Posts