Do you have a uniform? Your signature look or your individualized standard of dressing is your fashion uniform. It is the look you find yourself wearing almost everyday, especially if you are a #HauteMom. It consists of your preferred basics in your personal wardrobe. Here a few staples in my uniform:
- Gray t-shirts made from different fabrics and gray sweatshirts are a part of my uniform because gray is my favorite neutral and is easy to dress up or dress down.
- Denim shirts because they, too, are versatile and can be worn casually or dressed up when paired with a great pair of wide-legged trousers or a great fitting pencil skirt.
- I love a comfy pair of joggers that I can wear with sandals, sneakers, or even heels.
- JEANS, JEANS, JEANS in various styles worn MANY ways.
- Statement rings made of different metals, stones, & in various shapes. For me, the funkier, the better.
- I LOVE a fun arm party. (I NEVER take off my charm bracelet given to me by my kiddos, so don't even ask me to.)
Of course, every person's uniform is individualized. The key to finding your signature look is combining what you feel most comfortable in with what is most flattering for your body type. Once you have established your uniform, it can simplify your wardrobe, budget, and time for shopping. You can use your hairstyles and accessories to keep up with quick-changing trends. But of course, you should do whatever you want to.
Do you have a signature look? What is your uniform? The best part part about uniforms is that you can change them any time you want. Wear whatever makes you feel your BEST YOU. No matter how casual or how dressy your signature look is, always keep in mind the type of impression you want to make. Style is who you are without having to say who you are.
Have fun with your fashion uniform, be authentically YOU, and always remember, #hautemomsrock!